Monday, April 21, 2008

RMagic installation Error: Can't find MagickCore.h.

While installing RMagic gem (Windows XP) I had the following error:
Can't install RMagick. Can't find MagickCore.h

After many attempts I have downloaded the bundled version (containing both ImageMagic and RMAgic.gem)


http://files.rubyforge...../RMagick-2.0.0-ImageMagick-6.3.7-8-Q8.zip


After installing the ImageMagic from the zip file and doing the following

gem install rmagick --local

I got:
Successfully installed rmagick-2.0.0-x86-mswin32
1 gem installed



It finally works!

3 comments:

  1. I see you're not fooling around, Peter :) Good luck man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, have you heard 'Ruby' by Kaiser Chiefs? You'd love that song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll find it today and listen :) Maybe even learn how to play it on my guitar? ;)

    ReplyDelete